Quick Earned Money

Freelance Jobs

Friday, March 20, 2009

Tricks in 3Ds Max - The 3D Flower Tutorial – Part I

This tutorial is done using the Free Trial Version of Autodesk 3D Studio Max 2009 (3Ds Max 2009) which you can download from their official website.

For those unfamiliar to the program/software, please wait for my upcoming tutorial where I will be teaching you the quick basics of 3Ds Max 2009.

Tricks in 3Ds Max - The 3D Flower Tutorial – Part I

1. First create an Ellipse shape in the Top-Viewport. (Create>Shapes>Ellipse)

2. Make sure that your Ellipse shape is selected, and then go to the Modify panel. Click on the Modifier List and press the E-key and select Edit Spline. (Modify>Modifier List>Edit Spline)

3. Now that we have our Ellipse shape set to Edit Spline we will modify it’s Vertex points to a leaf-like shape:

        

4. After achieving our first leaf, we will make it change from 2D into 3D, which is also done in the Modify panel by choosing the Extrude option from the Modifier List. (Modify>Modifier List>Extrude) Here we will set the Amount value in the Extrude option’s Parameter settings into a value of 0.5:

5. Now we will multiply our leaf into a row of leaves. This is quickly done by selecting our newly created 3D-leaf and by pressing the W-key to call the move-tool (gizmo), and then moving it to the right side a little, while holding down the Shift-key on your keyboard.

And as you release the duplicated leaf you will see the Clone Options box asking you how you wish to clone your object. Choose Object as an Instance, and Number of Copies as 4 followed by pressing OK.
6. Now we come to the final part! Select all the leaves by pressing Ctrl+A on your keyboard. Go to the Modify panel again and enter the Modifier List pressing the B-key on the keyboard and choose Bend.



Set the Bend Axis option in the Bend Parameters to X, and then set the Angle value to 360 degrees or less. As for the Direction value, it will depend on the size of your leaf, in my case I had to set the value to -80, so experiment a little.

That’s it for Part I, my friends! I hope my tutorial was helpful and that you liked it.
Feel free to comment me, and hope you will come back for part II.

See you in my next tutorials!

Notice: You can donate any amount to help support my future tutorials.

https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/scr/pixel.gif

Ajarn Gawee Tutorializing from Amazing Thailand

Copyright© 2009 - Gawee's Tutorials

13 comments:

  1. something simples ...props

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this tutorial very much..
    you done very simple steps..
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great lesson! very clear and helpfull. I realy loved the way you explain every little thing. Thank you so much for this wonderful tutorilal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments, they are very appreciated.

    I'll add more tutorials as soon as I get them finished! :)

    /Gawee

    ReplyDelete
  5. this tutoril is really good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial, simple and easy to follow, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and aswome tutorial :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. where can I find part 2 ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a great Tutorial, so simple : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is amazingly simple :) thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is simple and easy tutorial, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is simple and easy tutorial, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Freelance Jobs

TurboSquid 3D Market - Buy 3D models and textures, finish work quicker!